Welcome to Precinct 134, a political blog focusing on Chandler, Arizona and the surrounding community.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Remove those signs, please!

Okay, it's December, already. Those election signs that festooned every street corner have done their work. In most cities, it's illegal for them to still be up. Yet there are several that still clutter our streets.

If you were a candidate or served on a candidate's campaign, please take the initiative to check your sign maps and confirm they've all been removed.

(Tip to JD Hayworth and John Huppenthal: I noticed some of your signs are still up, now in violation of election laws. I passed three of Hayworth's this past week on Chandler Boulevard and Huppenthal still has a huge one at IKEA, clearly visible from I-10 northbound, yesterday.)

Thanks to all of those other candidates that diligently removed their signs in the required time. I noticed that Donna Gratehouse's signs were gone swiftly, as were most other candidates' signs.

Of course, some candidates take another approach. Today, I saw a massive bllboard along I-10 heading into downtown Phoenix congratulating Senator Kyl on his victory. Surely defeating the spirit of the law, if not the letter.

Meanwhile, as cpmaz reports, the city of Scottsdale is looking at making their sign laws even tougher by possibly preventing them from being placed on public property at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006 © Geo's Precinct 134
All Rights Reserved.
eXTReMe Tracker