Wactivist shares stories on CD-5 race
When Harry Met Karl
Two days ago new members of the House went to the White House for a reception. When Congressman-Elect Harry Mitchell approached Karl Rove, Bush’s Brain looked at him and said “Harry Mitchell – that statue of you in Tempe is something else!.” The new member didn’t know whether he should be impressed, or worried that Rove knew something like that about him!
...
Senator McCain – RESPECT TO THE DEMS
A couple of democratic campaign staffers head to a Suns game a few days after the election. While there they see (and pose for a photo with) Senator McCain. After posing for the photo – McCain says “well, I’m glad that Democrats are strong enough to knock off J.D. Hayworth.” Wow!
Wactivist also has a picture of the incoming class of Congressman. Harry is on the top row, sixth from the right, somewhat obscured by the fellow in front of him.
You'll notice that the Representatives-elect aren't looking directly at the camera. That's because the official photographer, I believe, was far to the left of where this photographer was standing. I saw a video snippet last night on CSPAN and Harry features more clearly in the video and, I suspect, in the official photo.


2 Comments:
“well, I’m glad that Democrats are strong enough to knock off J.D. Hayworth.”
I wouldn't necessarily count that as a compliment, maybe a slap??? Perhaps he felt that JD should have been easy to beat in the past.
Heheh, that occurred to me, as well. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home