Latest Yellow Sheet Highlights
1. State Senator John Huppenthal was elected last Wednesday to replace Tibshraeny as Majority Whip. Bee became Senate President, Verschoor became Majority Leader. Some are speculating that Tibshraeny is eyeing a higher office - possibly Congressman Flake's (CD-6).
2. State Senate Dems are postponing their leadership elections until November 21st. House Dems elected their leadership last week.
3. On the way the Republicans have shut the Democrats out of the legislative process:
On election night, one member of the House Democratic Caucus spoke to our reporter and characterized the difference between Groscost and Weiers by how they interacted with the Minority. "At least Jeff would give us the time of day--it may not have always been the right time or the right day--but at least he talked with us. With Weiers, it's like we're not even there."
4. Congressman-elect Harry Mitchell, on the campaign:
He told our reporter yesterday the lowest point in his campaign came when a poll showed him 12 points down. "I was trying to phone for money and, I'll tell ya, I just got nowhere," he said. "High point? There were a couple of them. One was the USA Today survey showing us up 2 points, and the other was The Republic editorial. There was no wiggle room there. I think it helped with the undecideds." Here's what the apparent congressman-elect said about the negative ads aired against him: "I'm very comfortable with who I am. That to me was very desperate. They were really over the mark. I was inoculated ahead of time of what kind of campaign this was going to be."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home