A beautiful endorsement for a good man:
TEMPE − Jackie Drinkwater, whose late husband, Herb, served as Scottsdale's mayor for 16 years, has endorsed Harry Mitchell for Congress, saying she "must put partisanship aside and vote for the man who I think will do the best job for Arizona."
Drinkwater, a Republican, first met Mitchell when he and Herb Drinkwater served as the mayor of Tempe and Scottsdale, respectively.
In a statement, Jackie Drinkwater said:
"While Herb was a Republican and Harry was a Democrat, the two had much in common. They worked in a non-partisan fashion to do the best they could for the citizens of their communities. The two men often teamed up to support legislation at the state or federal level that would improve Arizona's cities.
"I know that Harry Mitchell will make a fine Congressman. That's why I'm supporting him. This will probably not make some of the Arizona Republican Party leaders very happy with me. But in this particular race, I must put partisanship aside and vote for the man who I think will do the best job for Arizona. That man is my friend Harry Mitchell."
Mitchell said he is humbled by the endorsement.
"Herb and I did a lot of great things together and Party politics never got in the way," he said. "That's the type of civility that is missing from Washington today, and I'm proud that Jackie and so many others are helping me get to Congress so I can do something about it."
Help make this noble goal a reality: please
donate to and vote for
Harry Mitchell for Congress.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home