Another laughably pathetic Hayworth / NRCC robocall.
This time, I didn't catch the name of the young girl making the call - she sounded like she was about twelve - warning me in risibly severe tones of our immigration crisis. She conveniently neglected to note that JD Hayworth has been in office for 12 years and has done NOTHING about immigration during his tenure until it became a hot election topic this year.
But no matter. The NRCC (National Republican Congressional Committee) goal isn't to actually advance common sense discourse in these robocalls. Evidently, given their track record, it's to do their best to sling mud at JD Hayworth's opponent, the upstanding local hero, Harry Mitchell. Hey, if you can't run on your own record, some folks feel the next best thing is to try to trash the other guy, no matter how good a man he is.
In previous NRCC robocalls, it's been pretty pathetic. I think a new low in pathos (bathos?) has been reached when you robocall constituents and declaim that your opponent was - GASP! - late once paying a bill! Sadly, strangely, one of the early NRCC robocalls did exactly that.
Campaigning is tough, I know. And poor NRCC drones, they don't have a better candidate to support than JD Hayworth. I guess you have to "dance with the one that brung ya", but it is sad. But my pity for them dissolves into some degree of amazed hilarity when I see the lengths they go to in their attempt to put lipstick on their pig, if you'll pardon the expression.
This call was no better. The caller's trash-talk about Harry Mitchell was classic. She accused Harry of supporting a "liberal immigration bill" that would lead to all kinds of calamity and doom for our country. Her script had her say it twice.
I actually started laughing right in the middle of this robocall. A "liberal immigration bill"? Right. One supported by those noteworthy liberals, President Bush, Senator McCain, Rep. Jeff Flake and Rep. Kolbe.
What's remarkable here is that this was an NRCC-sponsored robocall. They're calling a bill supported by three key Arizona Republican congressmen "liberal"! I guess the word has completely lost its meaning in the mouths of some Republicans.
Incidentally, I wonder how Jeff Flake and John McCain appreciate having their legislation trashed by their own party. Sounds like the Republicans and Hayworth are getting desperate with Harry Mitchell's having closed the gap in the polls.
Once again, we see the blatantly misleading hypocrisy of JD Hayworth and his supporters. And once again, my dinner hour is interrupted with one more reason to vote Hayworth out of office.
Please donate, volunteer and vote for Harry Mitchell and bring some sense back to Congress.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home