June 8 Chandler City Council Meeting(s) Results
1. The establishment of the FY 2006/07 property tax rate of $1.25.
2. A resolution authorizing the sale of nearly $31 million in General Obligation bonds.
3. The two new Council members - Donovan and Weninger - were sworn in (and a second meeting initiated with the new council seated).
3. The new Council voted 5-2 to approve two items:
a. The election of Councilmember Lowell Huggins as Vice Mayor. (Congratulations Lowell!)
b. Authorization to the Mayor to enter into contract negotiations with former Manager Mark Pentz to return to his position with the City.
Comments:
Chandler Connection has an article with more details on the Pentz re-hire possibility. (No permalink, so read it now, before the article evaporates and another takes its place.)
Blogger S. Chandler Commentary has some thoughts about the Pentz thing, too, and I tend to agree. Generally, I think it's unwise to bring back someone who has already been separated. Of course I wish Pentz the best, in whatever he does.
As for other things, I'm still waiting to hear about how the Price Park wall issue went. I'm surmising that the Council accepted the Parks and Rec recommendation and are going to have a neighborhood/city Task Force consider the issue. But I haven't seen reporting on this yet and the full agenda/minutes of the meeting don't seem to be posted yet. I'll update this thread when I find out more about this.
[tag: Chandler, Arizona]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home