A
good interview with Rich Dlugas, stepping in as Interim City Manager after Pentz, here:
Rich Dlugas, 52, was appointed acting Chandler city manager last week by a unanimous council vote. He has a master's degree in parks and recreation administration and served as the city's community services director, overseeing parks and libraries from 1994 to 2002.
What was your first real job?
"I was a recreation coordinator for the Lockport (Ill.) Parks District in 1976. I oversaw programs, the swimming pool, hired instructors, camp counselors and umpires in this Chicago suburb. It was a very enjoyable first job right out of college."
advertisement
How would you characterize your management style?
"I think people would say I'm a consensus-builder. I always try to be open and fair, listening to all sides of whatever the issue, project or controversy might be."
What was one of the toughest issues you've tackled as Chandler's assistant city manager?
"The breast-feeding issue."
He sounds like a good fellow - read the article for rest of the interview.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home