An email exchange with Jeff Weninger, today.
I responded that, while I had not endorsed his candidacy and indeed had raised some pointed concerns about it, I appreciated his desire to serve and my hope that we would have a continuing relationship as he steps into the role of City Councilman. I also said that I would be praying for him and his family as they step into this new chapter in life.
Our email exchange is repeated below, without editing.
Jeff's email:
Subject: Jeff Weninger Wins
Geo,
The campaign is finally over and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. I am humbled by the support and trust given to me yesterday by the citizens of Chandler. I will honor that trust. I will be a councilman to all the citizens of Chandler.
Becky Jackson called to congratulate me last night. We exchanged some pleasantries and wished each other well. I appreciate the fact that she reached out to me and called. I am looking forward to getting to work with Trinity and the rest of the council. I know we disagree on some issues but I truly appreciate your dedication to this community. I hope to stay engaged through this blog and others in the future.
Thank you,
Jeff Weninger
Jeff's follow-on email:
Subject: ps
You may post that last email if you choose.
Jeff
My response:
Subject: Re: Jeff Weninger Wins
Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your email and please accept my sincere congratulations on your victory! I had thought to wait until the official numbers were released on Friday to congratulate you, but it seems unnecessary with the unofficial numbers being so indicative.
Thank you also for your kind words. While I did not endorse you in the race and made some fairly pointed critiques of your candidacy, I do respect you and your passion for serving our city. I have appreciated our exchanges on the blog and by email. I do hope to meet you this fall and possibly even interview you more in the future. I also look forward to a continuing relationship over the coming years and you are most welcome on the Precinct 134 blog at any time.
The next four years promise to be an interesting new challenge for you and your family. There will be a steep growth curve, of course, but I know God is in control and will guide you through it. You all continue to be in my prayers. May He give you strength and energy, discernment and peace of mind as you step into this new role.
Your brother in Christ,
George


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home