Welcome to Precinct 134, a political blog focusing on Chandler, Arizona and the surrounding community.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Peake clarifies support of Jackson.

Jake posts correspondence he received from former Chandler City Council candidate Frank Peake regarding Peake's support of Becky Jackson's candidacy. Jackson's campaign recently sent out a mailer that compared her public service to Jeff Weninger's, depicting Jeff in an unfavorable light. While the comparison is probably valid, it is somewhat "negative" in that it names Jeff specifically in the comparison.

The text of Peake's clarification of his endorsement of Jackson:
For the record;While Becky and I do not always agree on every issue, she has in the past shown to work for what is in the best interest of the people she represents. She has been passionate about the Chamber and I think she can do the same for Chandler. Do I think she is the best candidate for the job? No, quite honestly I think I was the best candidate followed closely by Rick Hueman [sic]. But of the three remaining candidates that I have talked to Becky and Jeff have the better grasp of the issues and what needs to be addressed now. As to her mailer, her comparison to Jeff Wenniger [sic] is technically correct when it comes to community involvement, but I have characterized it to both Becky and Jeff as hit piece and. I told Becky that she could use my name for support but no longer for hit pieces.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006 © Geo's Precinct 134
All Rights Reserved.
eXTReMe Tracker