Welcome to Precinct 134, a political blog focusing on Chandler, Arizona and the surrounding community.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Councilman Huggins responds to my email on the Pentz affair.

I also sent Councilman Lowell Huggins a rather lengthy letter expressing my concerns about the Pentz affair and the recall. One of the questions I asked specifically was whether it was possible, or had there been any sign that there might have been a brewing conflict on the Council long before the Pentz affair arose.

Councilman Huggins didn't really address my specific questions. I suspect he's receiving quite a bit of correspondence on this issue and just isn't prepared to go in depth. However, he did respond with a short email, which I copy here in its entirety:
Dear George,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the performance evaluation of the city manager. The entire situation is quite unfortunate. I would like to apologize for what has transpired. It is my hope that we can remedy this situation by rehiring Mr. Pentz at a later date.

Thank you again for the comments. Your concern for our community is appreciated.

Best regards,

Lowell Huggins
I'm very appreciative of Councilman Huggins' response. I do hope to have the chance to speak with him in greater depth on this issue between now and November, as I think it's key to understanding what's going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright 2006 © Geo's Precinct 134
All Rights Reserved.
eXTReMe Tracker